The Cyprus Army Officers Association (CAOA) was officially founded on the 13th of Μarch 2008 after the approval of the Ministry of Interior and the support of the Ministry of Defence and the National Guard General Staff. Among others the main objectives of the Association are:
* The improvement of terms and conditions of their employment
* The welfare, education of the members and their families
* The study, organization, promotion, insurance, protection and promotion of ethical and other professional interests of its members
* The development of collegial relations between its members and the promotion of mutual aid and solidarity
* To own, rent or otherwise acquire premises
* The contribution of culture and consolidation of military discipline and consciousness
* Organising and conducting sports or social meetings, conference meetings between members or between organizations or other particles or links.
In addition to the above objectives, the main concern of Cyprus Army Officers Associations is through cooperation and exchange views with the government and leadership of the General Staff to maximize the Operational abilities and capabilities of the National Guard to in order to safeguard the territories of the Republic.